What is Bisacodyl Suppositories?
Bisacodyl Suppositories are a form of treatment that provides relief from constipation. They work by acting as a laxative to help eliminate the effects of constipation. The active ingredient is Bisacodyl BP, which is a powerful form of relief that works quickly to provide relief.
Who are these constipation relief suppositories suitable for?
They are suitable to be used by anyone aged 10 and over. They should not be used by anyone who:
- Are allergic to Bisacodyl BP or the other ingredient in the suppositories, Witepsol H15
- Are suffering from severe abdominal pain with nausea and vomiting
- Suffer from dehydration
- Have appendicitis
- Have a blocked bowel
- Are suffering from inflammation of the bowel
- Have cracking of the skin around the back passage
- Have ulcers around the back passage
Are these constipation suppositories suitable for someone who is pregnant or breastfeeding?
You should talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
How often should I use Bisacodyl Suppositories?
You should use no more than one a day for five days. If constipation persists then contact your GP.
Are there any side effects?
There are a number of potential side effects when using Bisacodyl. These include:
- Colitis (inflammation of the colon)
- Abdominal cramps or pain
- Abdominal discomfort
- Blood in the stools
- Discomfort inside and around back passage