What is Anusol Plus HC Ointment?
Anusol Plus HC Ointment is a treatment that is designed to treat the symptoms and effects of haemorrhoids (piles). When applied, this ointment will reduce pain, itching, inflammation, and protect raw areas.
What are haemorrhoids (piles)?
Haemorrhoids are basically swollen blood vessels that are located inside or outside of the back passage (anus). Haemorrhoids are caused by a number of potential issues and conditions, which include:
- Constipation – the most common cause
- Hereditary – if there is a history of piles in your family then you are more likely to suffer from them yourself.
How does this Anusol Ointment work?
This ointment works by helping to relieve the effects of the condition. This is thanks to the active ingredients that are contained in the ointment. These are:
- Hydrocortisone acetate – a steroid that helps to reduce inflammation
- Zinc oxide – soothes and protects raw areas
- Bismuth salts – works like a mild antiseptic
- Balsam Peru – protects sore areas and can help with healing
- Benzyl benzoate – a mild antiseptic
The ointment helps to reduce both external and internal haemorrhoids and relieves the swelling and itching that is caused by the condition.
Who is this ointment suitable for?
This ointment is suitable to be used by adults aged 18 years of age and over who are suffering from the effects of haemorrhoids. Anusol should not be used by anyone who is allergic to the ingredients contained in the ointment. You should also not use this ointment if you have any fungal, bacterial or viral sores on the skin.
If you suffer from rectal bleeding or blood in the stools, then speak to a doctor before using.
Can Anusol HC Ointment be used when pregnant or breastfeeding?
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, then do not use this ointment.