How do I use it?
- Shake the spray before use.
- Raise the spray nozzle from vertical to horizontal position.
- Before you use the spray for the first time you should press the button down two or three times to activate the spray. Point the nozzle away from your face while you do this.
- Hold your head upright and open your mouth. Point the nozzle at the back of your throat.
- Hold your breath and press the spray button. Do not breathe in the spray.
- Adults and adolescents over 12 years of age should use three to five sprays 6 to 10 times a day as needed. Do not use more than 10 times in 24 hours.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose of this medicine.
- If you still have a sore throat after two days you should consult your doctor. The spray should not be used continuously on a regular basis.
Not to be used in
- Children under 12 years of age.
- Older children who can't hold their breath while you administer the spray.
- People with inflammation and swelling of the epiglottis, which lies at the back of the tongue. This is called epiglottitis and may cause breathing or swallowing difficulties. Do not use this spray and consult your doctor if you have any breathing or swallowing difficulties with your sore throat.
- People who have previously had an allergic reaction to other local anaesthetics, eg benzocaine.
Medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine. Just because a side effect is stated here, it does not mean that all people using this medicine will experience that or any side effect.
- Temporary numbness of the mouth and throat. Avoid eating or drinking until the numbness has worn off.
- Temporary taste disturbance.
- Burning sensation on the tongue.
- Non-permanent staining of the tongue and teeth.
- Swelling of the salivary glands.
- Sensitisation or allergic reaction. If you experience any breathing difficulties, swelling of your mouth or face, rash or itching after using this spray, stop using it and consult your doctor.
Covonia Throat Spray 30ml .
Covonia throat spray (lidocaine, chlorhexidine), Covonia throat spray contains two active ingredients, lidocaine and chlorhexidine.