Who we are?
Aktive Healthcare limited is a specialist pharmacy working within the care home sector committed to maximising the standard of care you and your team provides. This has been developed through our individually tailored services providing training, resources and expert on-hand knowledge to support the improvement of patient safety and care. We support our partner care home using a multidisciplinary approach ensuring the involvement of care staff, managers, GP, families and most Importantly the patient themselves.
- We have the ability to provide multiple medicine adherence packaging from single dose to weekly blister packs. We also have access to the Caremeds ‘press & go’ adherence packaging and eMAR system as well as the Omnicell eMAR system which uses patient-specific barcoding coupled with original packs.
- 28 Day supply of medication at least 5days in advance of cycle.
- Medicine management service with twice-daily delivery and provision of emergency medication when required, including a stockpile of essential end of life medication
- Monthly audits of repeat medication alongside unannounced bi-yearly audits (following CQC format)
- Access to our in-house training programme with modules including medication handling, medication administration, dementia awareness, controlled drugs, sepsis and many more.
- Access to our specialist care home dispensing unit offering day to day pharmaceutical advise, liaising with other healthcare providers on behalf of the care home and providing support for complex medicine management including medicine administration issues, covert medication, drug incidents and errors and so forth.
- Each new partner care home is assessed by one of our specialist pharmacists using ‘CQC Outcome 9: Management of Medication Policy’, providing a follow-up report and support to ensure you are meeting CQC Standards.
If you are interested and want to know more about our services please download our brochure from the link below or contact one of our clinical care home advisors. They are more than happy to give you further information and organise a face to face meeting.
If you would like more information about the Caremeds or Omnicell eMAR solutions please check out the videos and download the brochures below.
Caremeds eMAR solution & Medicine Adherence Packaging Solution
Omnicell eMAR solution